This is part of an ongoing series of equal-voice fauxbourdons designed to accompany antiphons and psalmody for both the Mass and Divine Office.
These are easily adaptable for a schola of any size. Sing a few verses with the Gloria Patri or all the verses depending on the time needed for the distribution of communion and its procession. The antiphonal nature along with the mix of plainchant and polyphony are sure to make any liturgy all the more solemn and prayerful.
premiered: St. Francis of Assisi Oratory 2022
Need this set to a different Communio text or for SSA or ATB? Contact me and we'll make it happen.
Communio Tone 8 à 3: Dicit Andreas_Benedicam Dominum | 2022
Jn. 1: 41, 42
Andrew said to his brother Simon: We have found the Messias, who is said to be the Christ: And he brought him to Jesus.
Psalm 33: 2-7
1. I will bless the Lord at all times, his praise shall be always in my mouth.
2. In the Lord shall my soul be praised: let the meek hear and rejoice.
3. O magnify the Lord with me; and let us extol his name together.
4. I sought the Lord, and he heard me; and he delivered me from all my troubles.
5. Come ye to him and be enlightened: and your faces shall not be confounded.
6. This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him: and saved him out of all his troubles.